We are excited for the opportunity to add new members to our team. We offer consistent hours and competitive pay, along with attractive employee benefits. Please take a look at our website to learn more about Schmitz Body Paint and Repair.
LOCATION – We are an extremely busy auto body repair facility, located in a very progressive community in the heart of lakes country. We began as a single person shop, and have grown to a team of eight.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – We are family owned, being in business for over 42 years. This is possible because of our repair team. We are open to new ideas and listen to the concerns and needs of our employees. It is important to us that you are happy in our work environment. We also offer a clean, air-conditioned repair area for your comfort while working on vehicles.
TRAINING – Our team is here to help you learn and grow. As the industry changes, we do our utmost to keep current with new equipment and repair techniques. We also provide continuing education through ASE and I-Car.
WORK FLOW – Schmitz Body Paint and Repair has a high returning customer base, along with word-of-mouth referrals. We will continually work on attracting new customers and growing our business.
WORK SCHEDULE/LIFE SCHEDULE – Family is a priority to us. We offer paid time off as well as paid holidays for you to enjoy the compensations of your hard work. We also understand “Life Happens” and work with our team if those “Life Situations” arise.
COMMUNITY – We have been blessed to be blessed to be able to give back to special projects in our town. We are a member of the Perham Chamber of Commerce which works hard on keeping Perham growing and thriving.
- Medical Insurance
- Supplemental Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- On the Job Training
- Continuing Education
- No Weekends
Auto Body Technician
We are searching for a skilled autobody technician to add to our team. Your primary job in this role will be to work on the exteriors of our clients’ vehicles. This will involve repairing, replacing, and upgrading a variety of care parts.
You will also spend time refinishing vehicles and preparing them to be painted. This will involve sanding cars, ordering necessary supplies from the paint department and ensuring the body of the vehicle is ready to take on a new coat of paint.
Our body technicians work as part or a larger vehicle team. It is important that you’re able to work well with others and capable of demonstrating professionalism in the workplace. If you believe that you would do well as an auto body technician in our shop, we would love to have you fill out an application or provide a resume.
Auto Body Technician Responsibilities:
- Repair, replace and upgrade a variety of vehicle parts
- Perform diagnostic tests to ensure that all issues have been detected and resolved before returning the vehicle to the customer
- Follow all workplace safety requirements
- Prepare cars to be painted by sanding and refinishing them
Body Shop Estimator
Appraises vehicle damage to determine cost of repair for insurance claim settlement
Body Shop Estimator Responsibilities:
- Examines damaged vehicle to determine extent of structural body, mechanical or interior damage
- Estimates cost of labor and parts to repair or replace each damaged item
- Determines feasibility of repair versus replacement of parts, such as bumpers, fenders and doors
- Determines salvage value on total loss vehicles
- Prepares insurance forms to indicate repair cost estimates and recommendations
- Estimates cost of repainting, converting to special purposes or customizing undamaged vehicles
- Effectively manage multiple repairs simultaneously
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times and create ongoing relationships with customers
- Other tasks as assigned
Body Shop Estimator Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One to Three years of industry or estimate writing experience is preferred.
- Strong math, oral and written communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills: familiarity with estimation software.
If you believe your have the skills to be a part of our repair team, please complete the online application or email your resume to email@example.com. We will review your application and/or resume and contact you. Thank you for your interest in Schmitz Body Paint & Repair!